To use Keep Afloat, follow three simple steps:
Choose your version
Here are some tips for getting the most out of Keep Afloat.
- What is a pinned transaction?
- A pinned transaction is pulled out of the normal chronological order to sit above all of the other transactions. This is a useful way to isolate important transactions and is more effective when there are only a few pinned transactions.
- What is a planned transaction?
- Marking a transaction as planned helps you record transactions that you intend to make so that you have a better understanding of your future financial position. It can be useful to exclude a planned transaction from the account balance.
- How do I exclude a transaction from the account balance?
- Simply set the 'Included in balance' switch to off for a transaction and its amount is not reflected in the account's available balance.
- How does a repeating transaction work?
- Select the required repeat interval for a transaction and it will automatically repeat itself. On the specified repeat date, an identical transaction will be automatically generated. The new transaction will be set as repeating and contain the next repeat date. The original transaction's repeat interval will then be removed (set to 'Never').
- Does an account need any transactions?
- No, sometimes just setting an account's balance is all you need to build it into your financial position.